About Me

My photo
Hey Everyone! This is Angie and this is my fashion blog! And please comment! I really appreciate it.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ballet Inspired Trends

Hey Everyone!

So believe it or not, many trends and styles (I think) are inspired by ballet. High, glossy, pulled back buns were probably copied from the prima ballerinas. Leg-warmers, a warm-up method for dancers were used in the eighties, and so were leotards. Leggings could have been to! Also, tulle skirts were originated from the costumes ballerina's used to wear.

I also think spaghetti strap tops could have originated from what ballerinas use to show off their beautiful, swan-like necks. Maybe these theories are wrong, but maybe they're right! What do you think? Comment below!

From the Orlando Ballet

2 comments:

  1. God that is so true!!! And I loved your post on the scarves!

    I agree that leopard prints are totally back in season. MY MOM COULD NOT STOP TALKING ABOUT GETTING ONE- I think it should be more for the younger generation- well, doesn't look good on everyone! (shudder)

    ReplyDelete